Airfare Buying Tips
- Buy your airline tickets between Monday Night and Wednesday Morning. The airlines startlaunching the new weeks discounted airfares Monday Night and most of them will be fullyloaded by 3.00pm Tuesday Eastern Standard Time. Since the number of discounted tickets is limited per flight you need to shop for airfares early in the posting process.
- Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays. Airlines make a living by understanding our habits and most people choose to fly on Fridays and Sundays to maximize vacation time. The airlines understand our habits and therefore apply increased surcharges on Fridays and Sundays. The best days to fly with the lowest surcharges are on Tuesdays, followed by Wednesday and Saturday.
- Twitter and Facebook are not just for young people anymore. The airlines are connecting to these developing market places and are starting to devote money and time to these social media tools. As these trends continue airlines are offering exclusive deals found nowhere else so don’t miss out on this new trend. Sign up for airline messages via all your preferred portables.
- Summer Travel, the airlines have us by the tail when it comes to summer travel. If you can push off your travel plans to the shoulder seasons of May and September you will often find lower surcharges attached to your flights. If you must travel during peak season which is June through Mid-August, remember to fly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, by doing so you can often save $20‐$60 in surcharges.
- Lastly, pack light and if possible avoid checking bags, not only will that save you some money it also has the added benefit of allowing you to be flexible with flights making it more easy for you to accept being bumped for a benefit and or it lets you change flights should you need to at the last minute.