STEPS IN THE PROPOSAL PROCESS
Examples of things that require routing through the GI Proposal Team: Budgets, estimated project costs, pre-proposals, white papers, collaborations, budget revisions, supplemental funding, project continuations and renewals, and new proposals.
- Meet with Erin Albertson or Janet Daley to initiate proposal as soon as possible; you will be assigned a number and coordinator
- Find and read RFP
- Work with coordinator to develop budget
- Prepare and assemble all required documents and forms, with help from coordinator
- Ten business days before agency deadline: Finalize documents; coordinator will format to meet agency requirements
- One week before agency deadline: Review and approve final proposal package
- Sign routing form and cover page
- All Co-Is and their Deans/Directors review and approve proposal and sign routing form
- Five business days before agency deadline: GI review - Business Manager and Director review proposal, sign routing form and cover page
- Proposal goes to Office of Sponsored Programs (www.uaf.edu/osp) for final review
- Proposal is submitted via GI Business Office and OSP
We will do our best to facilitate submission of the proposal, which can only be ensured by your assistance in meeting deadlines. Please note that the Office of Sponsored Programs requires five business days for review, approval, and submission of a proposal. Proposals that involve matching/cost-sharing, reduced overhead, collaborations with other units or universities, or subawards all require additional review time and documentation.