Wednesday, November 1, 2017 - 09:00 to Thursday, November 2, 2017 - 17:00
Chinook will be offline from 9 AM on November 1, 2017, to 5 PM on November 2, 2017, to facilitate expansion from 1892 cores, 73 nodes to 2816 cores, 106 nodes.
- The number of login nodes will be expanded to 5 nodes
- Chinook partitions will be modified and expanded
- The ‘debug’ partition will be expanded to 5 nodes
- The ’standard’ partition will be expanded to 98 nodes
- Three big memory nodes will be deployed with hyperthreading enabled to support:
- A new ‘bio’ partition for jobs that need high memory, but low CPU counts.
- A new ‘analysis’ partition for post-processing jobs that are mostly serial.
- Memory is shared on these nodes, and users will have to specify how much to use on their jobs
- Wall time and job limit details are available at http://www.gi.alaska.edu/research-computing-systems/hpc/chinook/using-batch-system#available-partitions
- Outdated Chinook software packages will be removed
- Software modules will be standardized. Please see our 3rd party software page for more information: http://www.gi.alaska.edu/research-computing-systems/hpc/chinook/third-party-software