Research Assistant Professor
Research Assistant Professor/Geochronology Lab Manager, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks (current)
Post Doctoral Fellow/Geochronology Lab Manager, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks (2011)
- Benowitz, J., Haeussler, P., Layer, P.W., O’Sullivan P., Gillis, B., Wallace, W., Cenozoic tectono-thermal history of the Tordrillo Mountains, Alaska: Paleocene-Eocene ridge-subduction, decreasing relief and late Neogene Faulting, Geophysics, Geochemistry and Geosystems, submitted.
- Benowitz, J., Layer, P.W., VanLaningham, S., Persistent Long-Term (~24 Ma) Exhumation in the Eastern Alaska Range Constrained by Stacked Thermochronology, Geological Society of London Special Volume, submitted.
- Benowitz, J., and Layer, P.W. “Modern glacial outwash sand thermochronology along the Denali Fault: Constraints on strike-slip fault and glacier erosion dynamics,” EOS, Transactions of the American Geophysical Union (2011).
- Benowitz, J. “The Topographically Asymmetrical Alaska Range: multiple tectonic drivers through space and time,” PhD Dissertation: University of Alaska Fairbanks (2011).
- Benowitz, J., P. Layer, P. Armstrong, S. Perry, P. Haeussler, P. Fitzgerald, and S. VanLaningham, Spatial Variations in Focused Exhumation Along a Continental-Scale Strike-Slip Fault: the Denali Fault of the Eastern Alaska Range, Geosphere, v. 7; no. 2; p. 455-467; DOI: 10.1130/GES00589.1 (2011).
- Benowitz, J., Layer, P.W., O’Sullivan, P., VanLaningham, S., Herreid, S., Modern glacial outwash sands of the Denali Fault: Thermochronological constraints on strike-slip fault/glacier interaction, EOS, Transactions of the American Geophysical Union (2010).