Present Research Interests:
- Glacier Mass Balance
- Glacier Meteorology and Hydrology
- Modeling the response of glaciers to climate change
- Contribution of glacier wastage to global sea-level rise
- (Currently) Professor of Geophysics, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- (2002 - 2007) Research Fellow, Stockholm University
- (September 2001 - December 2001) Post-Doc, Department of Meteorology, Stockholm University
- (January 1998- July 2001) Researcher, Climate Impact Research Center, Kiruna, Sweden
- Möller, M., R. Finkelnburg, M. Braun, R. Hock, U. Jonsell, V. A. Pohjola, D. Scherer, and C. Schneider (2011), Climatic mass balance of the ice cap Vestfonna, Svalbard: A spatially distributed assessment using ERA-Interim and MODIS data, J. Geophys. Res., 116, F03009, doi:10.1029/2010JF001905.
- Sicart, J. E., R. Hock, P. Ribstein, J. P.Chazarin, M. Litt and E Ramirez, 2011. Analysis of the seasonal variations of mass balance and meltwater discharge of Tropical Zongo Glacier by application of a distributed energy balance model. Journal of Geophysical Research. 116, D13105, doi:10.1029/2010JD015105.
- Rasmussen, L. A., Conway, H., R. M. Krimmel and R. Hock, 2011. Surface mass balance, thinning, and iceberg production, Columbia Glacier, Alaska, 1948-2007. Journal of Glaciology 57(203), 431-440.
- Radić, V. and R. Hock. Regional differentiated contribution of mountain glaciers and ice caps to future sea-level rise. Nature Geoscience, 4, 91-94, DOI: 10.1038/NGEO1052.
- Sicart, J.E., R.Hock, P. Ribstein and J. P.Chazarin. Sky long-wave radiation on tropical Andean glaciers: parameterization and sensitivity to atmospheric variables. Journal of Glaciology 56(199), 854-860.
- Huss, M., R. Hock, A. Bauder and M. Funk, 2010. 100-year glacier mass changes in the Swiss Alps linked to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. Geophys. Res. Lett., 37, L10501, doi:10.1029/2010GL042616, 2010.
- Radić, V., and R. Hock, 2010. Regional and global volumes of glaciers derived from statistical upscaling of glacier inventory data, J. Geophys. Res., 115, F01010, doi:10.1029/2009JF001373.