Email Alert Services
- Alaska Online Public Notices - You can use the AK Online Public Notices system to receive notifications about state funding opportunities.
- Grants.gov - The Grants.gov email notification service allows you to receive notifications about new federal funding opportunities.
- Foundation Center - Receive weekly notification of recently announced Requests for Proposals from private, corporate and government funding sources.
- NASA Research Opportunities - The NAIS Email Notification System allows you to receive notifications on NASA acquisition opportunities of interest to you.
- NSF Custom News Service - The NSF Custom News Service is available to anyone who would like notifications about new NSF publications.
- Grants.gov - This webpage allows users to electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all federal grant-making agencies.
- NSF - NSF's webpages are a good starting place for browsing NSF funding. It allows users to view upcoming due dates and recently announced RFP’s.
- NSF Office of Polar Programs
- NSF Directorate for Geoscience
- NASA Research Opportunities – View all open, closed, past, and future NASA funding opportunities at NASA NSPIRES.
- FedBizOpps.gov – Federal Business Opportunities provides users a database to search for federal contract opportunities.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) - This site provides a database of all federal programs available to state and local governments.
- Federal Register - This site serves as the federal government's official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents.
- Grants Resource Center - GrantSearch - The American Association of State Colleges and Universities' (AASCU) Grants Resource Center (GRC) provides this site to find private and federal grant information.
- Alaska EPSCoR
- Alaska Space Grant
- Cooperative Institute for Arctic Research
- UA Foundation
- Undergraduate Research & Scholarly Activity
- Philanthropy News Digest - A service of the Foundation Center, publishes a list of recently published requests for proposals from private, corporate, and government funding sources. This site provides information on private funding sources. It is free to use, but requires registration.
- GrantsNet - This site, a service of AAAS, provides a database to find funds for training in the sciences and undergraduate science education.
Opportunities for Students
- Alaska EPSCoR is a university-state partnership, which builds Alaska-based research.
- Alaska EPSCoR Student Travel Awards
- Alaska EPSCoR Research Fellowships
- Alaska EPSCoR Undergraduate Summer Research Experience (
- Alaska Space Grant - Student Opportunities
- GI Undergraduate Research Program Interested students should discuss individual opportunities with their advisor.
- Global Change Student Research Grant Competition - Sponsored by the UAF Center for Global Change and Arctic System Research, in partnership with the International Arctic Research Center, this programprovides support to undergraduate or graduate students for research on global change presented in an interdisciplinary context, with an Arctic or sub-Arctic focus. Proposals may be submitted for one- or two-year awards, and research may involve the social sciences, physical sciences, biological sciences and engineering. For more information, call 474-5818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IGERT (Integrative Graduate Education and Research Training) is a National Science Foundation program developed to meet the challenges of educating and training scientists with multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary backgrounds and the technical, professional, and personal skills needed for career demands of the future.
- Regional Resilience and Adaptation Program - RAP is an interdisciplinary training and education program of UAF, focusing on sustainability in times of rapid change. The Resilience and Adaptation Program prepares scholars, policy-makers, community leaders, and managers to address issues of sustainability in an integrated fashion.
- NSF Undergraduate Opportunities
- NSF Graduate Opportunities
- UAF Main